Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Month 1 Update

Well, it has been a month and I'm still trucking along with my plans.  It hasn't been without difficulty or heartache.  My partner is struggling with my choices even if they do not include complete transition.  When I started this, I didn't have much of a plan in mind.  I just needed to do something to be closer to my true self without actually transitioning fully.  Since then I have a more refined picture of what my end goals are and due to my progress, I'm getting more confident that I will attain those goals.  Because this is a work in progress, clearly the goals will change over time.

At this point, I intend to do the following:

  1. Live an androgynous lifestyle - this include at work, at home, and in public.
  2. Present as female at transgendered events or with other transgendered people.
  3. Come out to everyone that I am transgender so they understand my motivations and I can be more free to be myself.

Part three is probably the most important part.  Being truly out would allow me to speak on transgendered issues, to promote understanding, and be a positive representative of the community.  The idea of coming out to everyone in my life really troubles my partner though.  I'm a little intimidated myself, but I feel it is very important I stop pretending.

So as far as what I've accomplished in month 1:
  • I've lost over 17 lbs.
  • I'm a vegetarian now.
  • I've been changing my online presence everywhere from male to female or androgynous.
  • I've come out to close friends who have been a great support to me.
  • I've worked out a plan of action to achieve my goals.
  • I've been researching a lot on how to better present androgynously.
  • I've worked to keep my relationship with my partner positive and hormonious, though I haven't been perfect at it.
  • I've worked out at least 5 times a week.
  • I've worked to be a kinder, more positive influence with others, though I need to remember to continue this even when down or beaten up by my dysphoria
  • I've kept up my blog with at least a post a week.
Month 2 here I come!

1 comment:

  1. This lines up pretty well with the vague outline of a plan in my own head. At least parts 1 and 3, anyway. #3 still terrifies me though, despite the fact that I agree with you that it's important.

    What resources have you found to be most useful for learning to present androgynously?

    ReplyDelete